Tuesday 25 October 2011

Wed 26 October 2011

What a way to start my first blog, with a handful of tissues, a cup of lemsip and the current edition of Women's  Weekly with Asher Keddie on the front cover. Yes, I am feeling a bit sorry for myself, but never the less I am alive and breathing and that is all that matters. I flick to p29 of the mag and come across a lady who I have never heard of before. Her name is Carla Coulson, a successful Australian photographer who has followed her dream by moving to Italy to study photography. Wow! Then I sit on my couch holding my lemsip and think, 'what would it  take to make that happen' -  To make your dream a reality?' Nerves of steel, a solid bank account, no ties, an all or nothing attitude, or just hitting rock bottom in your life? I sit and ponder for a while, weighing up all the sacrifices one would have to make in order to make that happen and I come to the realisation that my dream is still some time away. But it is there, let me assure you- but just sitting idle in the hope that some day, one day, I too will have the courage ( and bank account)  to support such a venture.  I then flick to back to p6 to a 38 year old lady who has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer with her 10 year old son. That could have as easy been me. So I take another sip of my lem sip and thank the higher beings that I am healthy and can at least plan for dreams for when the timing is right.

2 comments:

  1. This is a test to see if the post a comment option is active

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better soon Helene!

    ReplyDelete